Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifier Hotkeys won't save (SHIFT, CTRL, ALT)

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
krsboob
1158 Views, 6 Replies

Modifier Hotkeys won't save (SHIFT, CTRL, ALT)

I have just spent a day using Alias Autostudio 2015 and slowly built up my shelf set, saving my user prefs as I go.

Now, when I reopen Alias and import my preferences, 65% of the hotkeys are there, but any which include a modifier key i.e. Alt, Ctrl, Shift, are not there. It even goes as far as to remove the default combinations such as copy (ctrl+c), paste (ctrl+v), save etc.

I had this same issue with Alais Design 2013.

Any Ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TheHangman
in reply to: krsboob

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
TheHangman

Hi krsboob

I suspect what could possibly happen there is that you may not save the Shelves Set first and then User Pref.

Hope it helps, Happy modelling.

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyhappy:

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
krsboob
in reply to: TheHangman

Thanks for the reply!

I'm still having problems with this.
I have modified the shelf set adding a couple more tools, then saved the shelf set as per your picture, and then saved the user prefs, but when I relaunch Alias, the hotkeys with modifiers are gone. I have added new hotkeys without modifyers - they appear and function normally but anything utilising Alt, Ctrl, Shift, etc. are simply omitted.

Could it be that I need to be saving the aps and scm files in certain directories (defualt menu files) , or can I theoretically open them from anywhere I've saved them i.e. a memory stick?

Is there an order in which to open these files? shelves and then prefs, or vice versa?

Message 5 of 7
TheHangman

Hey krsboob

I just created this short cut and it works fine for me.

Please refer to the image and try the following, if it’s different procedure from what you normally do.

Once you have the shelves set saved .SCM + .PPF for version 2015, then you save the USER Prefs. .APS

Next, restart the application ‘‘ALIAS’’ and it normally not gonna be loaded, Load the shelf set again, and once again save your USER Pref. Now it should be set as Default. Just like on image Step 4 Blue Box.

Hope it works for you now.

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". 
Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. 
Thanks!!!! :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 7
duaxiong

Try erasing (or renaming) your UserPrefs2015 folder and re-test Hotkey creation with fresh Prefs.  Do NOT copy over any old Prefs.

Message 7 of 7
krsboob
in reply to: duaxiong

So, It seems I've basically had to start again. I had some user prefs from an earlier version which brought up all old hotkeys, only half of which would work. I was able to reassign commands to those hotkeys not working, and save out shelves and preferences, but it would never relaunch with modifier keys. The only way I've found is to start again. Tedious...
Thanks for the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report