Alias General Discussion

Alias General Discussion

spnkix
Message 1 of 3 (442 Views)
Accepted Solution

Missing Surface Buttons

442 Views, 2 Replies
11-19-2012 11:27 AM

I installed the 2013 Product Design Suite and noticed that there are a few functions missing in Alias.

Under Surfaces in the palette it only shows "skin," "msdrft," and "tubsrf." I cannot make any squares, rails, revolves, or any other type of surfaces. Also under Surface Edit, it only shows three functions as well: "plhull," "setor," and "revuv."

I also noticed that I cannot make new layers or see any existing layers. I am also unable to pick templates or make objects into templates under Object Display.

I have added two screenshots of the issue.

Is there a plug-in or some bug fix for this problem?

I am using a Lenovo W530 on Windows 7. The computer meets the system requirements that are listed on your website.

Valued Contributor
JohnDixon8251
Message 2 of 3 (432 Views)

Re: Missing Surface Buttons

11-20-2012 09:35 AM in reply to: spnkix

Under "Prefences" - "Menus" switch from "short" to "long". Under "Layers" select "Toggle Layers"

Good Luck

spnkix
Message 3 of 3 (426 Views)

Re: Missing Surface Buttons

11-20-2012 10:40 AM in reply to: JohnDixon8251

Thanks!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.