Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost functionality - automatic unit conversion (in, mm, etc.)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
206 Views, 2 Replies

lost functionality - automatic unit conversion (in, mm, etc.)

I just discovered that this functionality is no longer present in Studio v2008 and am wondering if others have noticed it missing.

In older versions of Alias Studio when you entered a dimension for transform operation like "move" or "scale", you could specify the units and Studio would do the conversion to whatever the working environment was set to automatically. For example if your environment was set to inches and you wanted to move something 3 millimeters you could enter "3mm" and the result would be correct. I think you could also enter an equation (2mm+2mm) and get a correct result also.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rossbau
in reply to: Anonymous

i just talked with the head engineer of aliasstudio and he is suprised that this ever worked. might be it was a bug that never has been reported.

whatever it is, it was not intentionally removed.
since i never hear from anybody else missing this find of behavior i feel that not much people really want this. am i right? otherwise i would deal with this like a feature request.

Sincerely
Uwe Rossbacher
“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Wow, seems crazy to me... I learned about this feature in a class in Toronto and used it for years when working with mixed units.

-Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report