Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer on Alias Surface 2011

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
536 Views, 5 Replies

Layer on Alias Surface 2011

Is there a way i can change the "look" of the layer’s button in the Layer Bar ? when i toggle between visible or invisible, there is not a big difference visually and it's very difficult to see the dotted line.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JohnDixon8251
in reply to: Anonymous

If you click on the box at the right of the layer and select a color for the layer, then when you make it invisible, the square box becomes a triangle which is easier to see.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I know that but before version 2008, 2009 or 2010, the visual appearance of the layer button didn't have any "gradient color" inside and it was more easy to see the difference , when you have more than 30 layers on the top and you always scroll in it, the small color rectangle or triangle is not the best thing, the color attribute should affect the whole button and be fade when it's not visible. Maybe for the next version..
Message 4 of 6
kevinRichards

interesting. thanks for the feedback, ill pass it along to development.

Not that this will solve that particular problem, but have you tried the Object lister for a Vertical Layer arrangement? you can set the Object lister based on Objects or Layers. pretty useful for managing a ton of layers.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Never tried working with Objet lister open , i will try that

thanks
Message 6 of 6
digiformer

Object Lister is pretty usefull though it would be great if it would provide some functionality of the layers bar as sorting layers per "drag&drop". It would be a blast we could asign objects also per "drag&drop".

Also the paste options pop up could need some improvement. Like the "creation" layer always at first place and the other layers in the way they are sortet in the file. In 2010 they appear in alphabetical order, wich is pretty confusing.

I did not have the time to check 2011 yet, maybe some of these things are allready done...

Kind regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report