Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to Save Technical drawing sheets from ALIAS?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2151 Views, 6 Replies

Is it possible to Save Technical drawing sheets from ALIAS?

Hi

Is it possible to save technical drawing sheets from an ALIAS model?
just like we do in engineering softwares like SolidWorks,etc. that creates draft drawings with hidden lined model...

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
digiformer
in reply to: Anonymous

The term "drawing sheet" means exactly?

It is possible to export vector data with messurement in different views and file formats. There is a hidden line option, too.

Tobias
Message 3 of 7
philipbryan

You can choose PrintSetup and change the settings to Output a file. Then import that PostScript file into any CAD or Illustrator, etc...
Message 4 of 7
donest

I usually do a hidden line render and then take that into PhotoShop. I work between Alias and PhotoShop by using the evaluation tools on the actual model (taking measurements) and then duplicating them in PhotoShop. I think there is also a way to use the distance tool in 'evaluation' and have those measurements print out for you along with the model.
Message 5 of 7
donest

So sorry....the distance tool is on the LOCATORS tab. Here is an example of what I mean. The box on the right is the hidden line rendering ready to put dimensions on in PhotoShop.
Message 6 of 7
mirwin2
in reply to: digiformer

Perfect, how?

@digiformer wrote:
The term "drawing sheet" means exactly?

It is possible to export vector data with measurement in different views and file formats. There is a hidden line option, too.

Tobias

Message 7 of 7
mirwin2
in reply to: digiformer

Ah found it, 

WindowDisplay------> HiddenLine. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report