Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
giuligheza
350 Views, 2 Replies

installation

Hi there!! I have a problem with alias trial installation.. I have a laptop with a nvidia GEFORCE gt540M.. I managed to install it but after two minutes I'm working on it the software stops working at all! I'm wondering if could be a problem of my laptop or something else.. and If I have problems with the trial what about with the real one? thank you very much in advance giul

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ravenzep
in reply to: giuligheza

Maybe your graphics card is not adequate for alias running well. The ones with an X, like GTX instead of GT like yours , have more performance.

But it could be many things anyway....But I think your graphics cards is far from ideal.

Good luck

Message 3 of 3
TheHangman
in reply to: giuligheza

Hi giuligheza

I came across such issue but its not a big deal if its PC... It possibly that your computer has not a certified graphic card and maybe a great processor. 

Even though, It is possible to run Alias on it. Years ago for emergency case I had to install Alias in a old lap top Toshiba Satellite P500 with no graphic card and it run for modelling. I am not sure if you will be able to perfom any animation or render "GPU Render" 

BUT worth try to change compatibility mode of the software. Make it run on Latest Vista if you computer is pc if its MAC sorry no idea how to do it. So follow: Desktop shortcut > Right Mouse Buttom > Properties > Compatibilities TAB > choose what better suits your need. 

Hope it helps, happy modelling

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyhappy:

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums