Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMac27 & Alias 2011 Automotive who has an experience?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
653 Views, 2 Replies

iMac27 & Alias 2011 Automotive who has an experience?

Hi guys, I'am just starting to learn Alias, my current notebook doesn't support min.req. for Alias. And I'am seriously walking around new iMac 27" with i7 quad, 8Gb of RAM and ATI 5750 GDDR5 1 GB. I cannot find any information about working in Alias with new iMac generation. 

My question:

who has such experience, is it working with iMac, or not? I'am not going to be the best Alias modeler, but at my current school we have an important course of Alias...

new iMac is interesting because of great monitor perfomance (it's very important for me) , and seems that it has really good hardware. 

As I understood from official Autodesk info, ATI5750 is not supported, but for exmp. some of my friends use Alias with ATI cards that also are not supported by Autodesk, but they work. I mean I don't want to spent 2000 Euros and to find out that Alias not working with this iMac 🙂 

So, If someone has an experience, please answer me, thanx a lot )

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
anand_joshi
in reply to: Anonymous

I find alias more stable on nvidia due to its robust & mature opengl driver. Not sure about the same on ATI though !

Regards

Anand
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can run Alias with a ATI-card, but only the professional graphic-cards, Fire GL/Fire PRO 
http://download.autodesk.com/us/aliasstudio/qualcharts/alias2011-win.html (here you can see the Win compatible cards, this may give you a hint about what kind of graphic-cards that works)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report