Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer HotKeys, Marking Menu & Shelves?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sadatsan
683 Views, 4 Replies

How to transfer HotKeys, Marking Menu & Shelves?

Hi,

How can we get personal setting like (Hotkeys, Marking Menu, Shelves) transfered to different work stations?

What is the procedure for transfer of these settings and is it the same when we upgrade from one version to another?

Thanks & Rgds,
Sadat Edited by: sadatsan on Feb 12, 2010 9:51 AM
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JohnDixon8251
in reply to: sadatsan

Go to "Preferences-User Preferences-Save Preference Set"
This will save all your preferences to one file. Includes menus, colors, shelves, hotkeys etc.
The file will be located in "Alias-User preferences(2010)-Preference sets" (Go to "Load Preference Set" to see where you just saved it)
You can put this file on a memory stick and take it with you.

When you upgrade to a newer version, it will generally read these in automatically so you don't need to have the file.
Message 3 of 5
sadatsan

Thanks John

Still i do not get the hotkey settings carried over, is their any specific file that needs to be copied.

Rgds
Message 4 of 5
JohnDixon8251

When you go to "Load Preference Set" you can open the option box and select what things you want loaded. If that is checked already, then I don't know why it wouldn't be working.
Message 5 of 5
digiformer

I had some problems to transfer the Hotkeys from 2009 to 2010.
The problem was the file name of the *.scm files stored in "%APPDATA%\Autodesk\Alias\UserPrefs2010\".
I think 2010 does not transfer the hotkey info from the old to the new Hotkey file (i.e. Surface_aliasHotkeys.scm)

I take the whole UserPrefs*** directory with me when i want to transfer the User Interface. I just delete the ExceptionLogs.

regards...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report