Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to model this water mixer?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Filenty
1046 Views, 1 Reply

How to model this water mixer?

Hi,

I´m a industrial design BA student from Sweden. I wonder if someone is up to the task to create a tutorial for this water mixer? 

Seems like a suitable tutorial for organic modeling and patchlayout. I´m personally interested in, especially the area with the overlapping slab surface - for exampel, why this approach? and how did they align it seamlessly to the surrounding surfaces ? What was the approach when deciding the overall patch layout for the mixer etc.

The attached screendumps are from http://aliasdesign.autodesk.com/learning/tutorials/details/Autodesk_Alias_2011_Essentials_-_137771/ if it helps.

Thank you.

Eric

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
flash_gordon
in reply to: Filenty

That is quite an interesting solution.

Most likely though, she didn't align the circled patch to anything. Rather, the surrounding surfaces were aligned to that. That would make it simpler. As to why Kerry chose that particular solution, I have no idea.

It could be that the area was tough to get if you work the other way doing the blends along the tighter radius areas  etc. It would be easier to work backwards in that situation instead of some more complicated layouts once you got the correct highlights/curvature on that patch 'slab'. You wouldn't have to go trying to align that patch to all the surrounding patches. If your curvature on any of the other patches (if you approached it the other way) was just slightly off, the results would mean twisted curvature in that one area as they all came together. Kerry avoids that altogether. It is quite elegant looking, IMO.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report