Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Model a wrist watch in Alias

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jcorrie22
1395 Views, 5 Replies

How to Model a wrist watch in Alias

Hi, I am still learning Alias and I am currently struggling to model a wrist watch, more specifically the strap and 'buckle' part of it. Can anyone give me any tips/help or point me in the direction of a tutorial or even the tools they would think appropriate for this type of model. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ravenzep
in reply to: jcorrie22

Hi,

That's not really a question to put here, don´t you think?

What watch,what kind of shape,etc etc.

If  you are very new to alias, i would suggest you to try the tutorials that you will find in HELP.

After you are more familiar, maybe you could consider start doing the wristwatch you are thinking of, and then post here some particular questions about it. And not, how do I model a wristwatch......

We are all here to help, and we ll be pleased to do so, when you ask something more particular.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 6
TheHangman

Well! I can say, likely in any other software, specially starting from scratch, start messuring a real watch and so you get it closer to real dimensions.
get some blueprints or produce them, so you can trace your surfaces about the image. 

So, I use to have this book during my university time... pretty straight forward easy to use and to understand.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/4947626/Learning-Design-With-Alias-StudioTools

I also do have a file of a concept watch... I will look for it and may share for your reference. 

Carry on practicing all the best.

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
jcorrie22
in reply to: TheHangman

Thanks for the help, i will try and get a file together so that it is easier to explain what I need help with. Also thanks for the help book seems very useful

Message 5 of 6
AdrienDavid

Design a watches is not so easy what other think. It’s a very top work. A watch designer go through different aspects like: model, latest trend, technology and more important the competitors product available in the market. I have seen some unqiue watch designed form the website:  www.edmond-watches.com that designed by a very good Swiss watch maker JP Edmond. You may visit this site for referance.

Message 6 of 6
TheHangman
in reply to: AdrienDavid

Nice to share your point here, I agree with you and make sense but in other hand, I did work for High End Jewellery Company and I just had to provide a feasible models, lightweight, and so on, trends used to come from the stylists, which it was some girls travelling around the world gathering info about it and sharing to us designers and engineers.

Anyway, self-curiosity I believe you have experience on this field and it would be cool if you can share some principles or insight of Watch Design, like what software does the industry tend to use.

Nice one.

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report