Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to duplicate along a path

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
karthick_241187
609 Views, 2 Replies

how to duplicate along a path

Hi,

I want to duplicate a cylinder along a curve.. means like duplicating around a path.. how to do.. plz help me...
Thanks in advance
Thanks and Regard's
Karthick. P
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
design22
in reply to: karthick_241187

This is what I have always done. I think there are other ways.

- create a simple 'set motion' animation as follows:

Place a cylinder at the origin 0, 0, 0 (this is a must) then plot out a CV curve. In the 'set motion' option box, enter the # of cylinders you require in the End Frame field to, say 30 as in my example. Pick the cylinder first then go to Anim > 'set motion' to activate the tool. If done correctly, the colour of the cylinder should change to magenta. Next, as prompted, select the curve A. You should see that the cylinder has moved to the beginning of the curve. You can go to the main menu Animation > Playback to ensure that the set motion animation has been created.

- now go to Surface > Swept surfaces > Anim sweep and pick the animated curve with the obj. The Anim sweep tool takes a snapshot of the curve at each step of the animation, creating a series of cylinders, in this case 30 cylinders. Voila!

You can delete the curve afterwards and be left with the cylinders. Edited by: Don Estabrooks on Mar 30, 2009 7:38 PM
Message 3 of 3

I myself found the answer.. Under Transform menu, we have something called duplicate place.. its gives u the desired result for transforming objects along a curve.. hope u ll enjoy
Thanks and Regard's
Karthick. P

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report