Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid ctr moved..

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
366 Views, 4 Replies

Grid ctr moved..

Hi ppl,

One of my models, the grid moved... somehow from the centre... So now mirrored objects do not flip on the axis. And the whole model can't have moved cos I still have all of my history, even on objects on layers that were turned off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Shaun
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Shaun,

The grid in Alias can't move. So I think the issue might be that your symmetry plane has moved. To check this go to Main Menu > Layers > Symmetry > Set Plane. An manipulator should appear in your modeling window. Select the blue thing in the middle and Alt Snap it to the grid or the center line of your part. Also, make sure the plane is oriented the correct way. Then hit the Set Plane button at the bottom right of your screen. This should fix your symmetry problem.

Hope this helps,

Aaron
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hello Shaun,

The grid in Alias can't move. So I think the issue might be that your symmetry plane has moved. To check this go to Main Menu > Layers > Symmetry > Set Plane. An manipulator should appear in your modeling window. Select the blue thing in the middle and Alt Snap it to the grid or the center line of your part. Also, make sure the plane is oriented the correct way. Then hit the Set Plane button at the bottom right of your screen. This should fix your symmetry problem.

Hope this helps,

Aaron
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Since you can't move the grid, besides what Aaron said, you may have accidentally moved the model.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the replies guys. Must have been a bug cos when i relaunched the app it was OK again. I was sure the it couldn't move...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report