Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Rendering for Alias Automotive

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
faradayfuture
838 Views, 2 Replies

GPU Rendering for Alias Automotive

Hey Everyone.

I haven't found much information on GPU rendering with Alias Automotive or vRed.  Is it possible?  If not using an Autodesk solution, do any other rendering solutions offer support for Alias Automotive?

I've looked at Octane but there is no support.

Thanks,

Michael

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TheHangman
in reply to: faradayfuture

Hey michaelhsu

Firstly, what exactly information are you looking for?

As you may know already VRED Pro works directly with Alias Autostudio. I have a friend that does render work for AUDI and other car company in Germany, and he uses mainly VRAY. Here is the link of the studio where he works, https://www.facebook.com/pages/CWDesign/266143397855?pnref=lhc

I personally like Bunkspeed Shot, which is hybrid, you can run it on GPU or CPU and accept .WIRE directly. But I have seen around and looks like VRED is the eye melting of the moment, and I like it.

Hope it helps, happy Rendering, and New Year.

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". 

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyhappy:

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
ankishu2000
in reply to: faradayfuture

GPU rendering is possible on VRED and is the default renderer when making material changes in live view.

You can then manually switch on CPU rendering by selecting and enabling raytracing, this gives more accurate shadows and light reflections as it calculates the paths of each ray but does take a lot more computing power.

To create quick design validation images the GPU rendering is perfectly adequate but if you wish to create marketing images, hero shots, and highly realistic rendering then you would need to switch on CPU raytracing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report