Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good pc for alias modeling

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nitromike
460 Views, 1 Reply

good pc for alias modeling

hi there! I want to buy a decent pc for alias . I'll built it myself with afriend but I have no clue what specs should be good for a decent windows pc since I've been a mac user for years but I want to go back to the pc. any suggestions concerning the ram, graphics card, vram etc? maybe this thread would be helpful for a lot of users! I use a pretty nice dell at work but it always slows down quite a bit when the anti aliasing is in effect. especially with the center pivot tool ?!??

as I said I'm a total noob concerning the pc so any suggestions are very very welcome!

best wishes, mike 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
donest
in reply to: nitromike

You should check the hardware qualification chart (a good place to start). To avoid any video issues later, I would recommend one of the Quadro video cards. Whatever you can afford for Ram...at least 4 gigs. The more, the better. It doesn't seem to matter much to a lot of users, but I also check out the Frontside Bus Speed (FSB) of the motherboard.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report