Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge of a Trimmed Surface Looking Scribbled

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
karthick_241187
834 Views, 5 Replies

Edge of a Trimmed Surface Looking Scribbled

Hi Friends,

I have a doubt in Alias Surface. Hope u guys could help me.

I project curve on a complex sur and trim the surface.
the curvature comb in the edge of the trim surface looks very scribbled.

If i untrimmed and check the projected COS, but its looks fine.

I have attached a image file explaining the issue.

Pls find the attachment.

Thanks and Regard's
Karthick. P
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

i hope its only a filth in the screen of your system. it has nothing to do with with the design.

the othe reason may be the irrregular hull of your surface. check it out.

Message 3 of 6

That's strange. I can only imagine that the cos in 3d space is more accurate than the projected cos that lies in the surface's parameter space.

You can create a curve, align it with the cos and check the deviation, make it a degree 5 curve or whatever and then use that to build off of/trim with instead of the cos. Can anyone chip in on this workflow in its complete form?

Message 4 of 6

actually this is "normal" Alias behaviour to me. I have no explanation for it.

This phenomenon is there ever since i use Alias software.

Regards...

Message 5 of 6

If the surface cv hulls are not proper then we ll get this kind of result. We cant take things normal if comb is irregular. If the comb is not proper then there is something wrong with the surf.
Thanks and Regard's
Karthick. P
Message 6 of 6

I recently got a trimmed c-o-s that looked really fine, I don't know if this is related but the only thing I messed around with recently were my construction options. I set it to CATIA V5 and copied it for a new preset, I then changed Trim Curve Fit to 0.0005mm because by default I think it is set very loose. And lots of intersect c-o-s were not giving my position in tolerance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report