Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does Alias has hydrofoil standards in its library?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
n.reshadi
317 Views, 3 Replies

does Alias has hydrofoil standards in its library?

hi,

im looking for a design software which i would be able to design hydrofoils with, and i wanted to know if Alias is suitable,

i need hydrofoil standard patterns so i want a software which has them in library,

does Alias have them? and if not, which software do you recomand?

Nastaran

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TheHangman
in reply to: n.reshadi

Hey Nastaran

I believe what you are after falls into engineering data. which I believe its down to individual company to design it. 

So, Alias haven't got it I am affraid. But worth research it even online and start from scratch using Alias either the most 

suitable software for you. 

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
ravenzep
in reply to: TheHangman

HI,

That's right aqhead, you said it all.

It is something too specific and wouldnt make sense to be part of sofware, by default.

Alias has a general curve database actually....CURVES/PRIMITIVES/SWEEPS.

And as a matter of fact, you can build your own curve database, and add them to those sweeps.

So, you can do your own profile library.

Ain't Alias great?

Good luck !

Message 4 of 4
n.reshadi
in reply to: ravenzep

well, all of you are right, only i was looking for some standard shapes that i can't ( i meen i should not!! ) draw it by myself,

which turned out i have to get the coordinations from the internet, nevermind which software im using.

but yeah!! alias IS great!! Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report