Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between CV curv and EP Curv.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
karthick_241187
3520 Views, 4 Replies

Difference between CV curv and EP Curv.

Hi Guys,

Can somebody explain me the diff between CV cur and EP curv. Generally i use CV curv only.

I came across a Autodesk tutorial, in that they were using EP curv. Now i would like to know y and were we should use these two Tools. Wat is there + and -.

Pls explain me.

Thanks

Karthick. P

Thanks and Regard's
Karthick. P
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Karthick,

In basic terms, an edit point curve is a convenient way to make a curve between 2 other curves or surfaces.

You just snap an edit point to each curve or surface and you get a straight line between them. You can then manipulate the curve by moving the CV's as you would any other curve. It is a simple way to lay down single span curves. Of course you can use the control panel to increase the number of spans or to change the degree of the curve after you have created it.

You can make freeform curves using an edit point curve but it is fairly uncontrollable.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: karthick_241187

Just remember that the curves created, by either tool, are identical curves. You're just using a different method to create them.

Message 4 of 5

thank you

Message 5 of 5

It's all well explained in the beginner tutorials here. Read the "Alias Golden Rules" and "Theory Builders" sections. Then you'll know about most important curve and surface concepts in NURBS surface modelling.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report