Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostic Shading section is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Alias 2013)

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
b55507
7416 Views, 16 Replies

Diagnostic Shading section is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Alias 2013)

121fgfggggfg.jpg

I closed it accidently. But I Don't know where can i find it.....

Please Help me!!! I got tones of asignments!!!! 

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
ravenzep
in reply to: b55507

Object Display/Diagnostic shade.

BYE

Message 3 of 17
t.j.obrien20

yeah i had the same problem, kindof an inconveniance, i even tried to unistall and reinstal but it didnt work either. please help autodesk.. WHERE IS THE DIAGNOSTIC SHADING palette????

Message 4 of 17
KevinDeSmet

Try choosing a different workflow under Preferences > Workflows?

Some do not have the diagnostic shade in the control panel.

Message 5 of 17
KevinDeSmet

Also, irregardless of that, top right there is a drop-down that also controls this. It should be on "Default".

Message 6 of 17
jaker277
in reply to: KevinDeSmet

In 2013 toggling to 'default' no longer briings up shaders and visual states docked inside the 'Control Panel'.  Anyways, toggling over to default every time I want to shade would be a pain...

However, one can now middle mouse drag a shader into their pallete or shelf.  So pull down 'Object Display' > 'Diagnostic Shading...'.  When that window opens you can mmb drag the shader to wherever you like, even your 'Marking Menu'.  

If you can't see the 'Diagnostic Shading...' make sure you have long menus truned on,  Preferences> Menus> Long Menus

A little on this, you can also customize the settings and create different ones.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Alias/enu/2013/Help/0124-Autodesk124/0174-Interfac174/0260-Customiz260/...

When you are done close out the "Diagnostic Shading...' window for a clutter free workspace.  

Message 7 of 17
florar23
in reply to: jaker277

Since Alias 2013 my Control panes at all was away. I have to click it manually on Windows Control Panel and it isnt aligned any more on the main screen.

Message 8 of 17
gudavant
in reply to: KevinDeSmet

It happened for me too. The Diagnostic shader shades have vanished. I tried everything in this thread to bring them back but I can't. I even deleted the Alias 2016 and Maya 2016 files in the Synergy folder which is Applications/Autodesk/Synergy/Aliasautostudio2016.syncfg and reinstalled Alias 2016 and Maya 2016. I deleted the Pref sets from the given location too before installing again. I tried "Object Display>Diagnostic Shading" also. This is what it shows in the Diagnostic Shading window.

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 11.14.00 AM.png

Message 9 of 17
gudavant
in reply to: gudavant

I tried by removing the entire Autodesk folders from "Applications" and "Documents" folders, deleted it to Trash and "delete immediately" to make sure there was no trace of Autodesk on my Mac. But After installing Alias again the Diagnostic Shader window is still the same which means my preferences have remained the same after reinstalling Alias 2016. Please suggest a workaround @bob55 . I am not able to see the shaders for the Diagnostic Shading window. You can see the picture above this post for your reference. It will be much appreciated as otherwise no version of Alias works properly on my Mac. Not Alias 2016 now, 2017, nor 2018.

Thank you

Message 10 of 17
bob55

Sorry for your trouble.  I assume you've tried removing your Preferences to see if the window comes back?  Are you running on a Mac?

Message 11 of 17
bob55
in reply to: bob55

Sorry I see your on a Mac.  You should consider bootcamping your Mac.

Message 12 of 17
gudavant

Thank you very much for your reply Bob. I imported Preference sets from Alias 2018 into Alias 2016 and then it worked. This means that we always need to reuse the preference set files that we save to avoid this problem. I can see my shaders now.

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 2.45.45 PM.png

But what are saying about Bootcamp? Would it help to run Alias 2018 update 2018.5 much better than the current problems that update 2018.5 is having on Mac OS High Sierra?

Message 13 of 17
bob55

I think there was some problem with the window description for the Diagnostic shade window.  You may have been able to just remove AliasUIWindows.scm from your preferences to fix it, but I'm glad you were able to fix it.

As for bootcamp, that would be for if you were experiencing a hang (or crash) on launch. And yes there were more changes made in Update 5 and 2019 to avoid the situation.  But we have not fixed the problem only avoid the situation.  The problem machines are using NVidia graphics running High Sierra.  If you are in that situation your system will likely hang by simply opening the About box.  Alias will run more stably on Windows, hence the bootcamp suggestion.

Message 14 of 17
gudavant

Thank you for your Bootcamp suggestion. You suggest I keep atleast 100GB for the Windows partition for Alias 2016 to work properly? My Mac has a 512 GB harddisk with 385 GB free space.

Please have a look at my forum post on the Mac OS High Sierra problem. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/alias-forum/not-able-to-see-clear-graphics-for-my-mac-os-high-sierra/...

Message 15 of 17
bob55

At least 100GB, maybe more.  It really depends how much you will work on Windows.  I'm not sure about Anti-Aliasing on Windows on the Mac.  Wayne would know better than I. 

Message 16 of 17
jimdeasy2
in reply to: ravenzep

This is helpful to getting the diagnostic shader panel back up, but does not tell you how to reset the control panel to default settings. The panel appears "floating" in the control panel, while the rest of the control panel has snapped into a new layout. Alias: WHY IS IT SO DAM HARD TO RESET THE INTERFACE TO DEFAULT. 

ps: loading  a workspace does not work, there are none listed. Untitled-1.jpg

Message 17 of 17

Yes, Autodesk, please answer that question? Why is it so hard to reset. These are two of my most used windows and they have vanished (diagnostic shade and control panel). 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report