Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate System

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
sadatsan
654 Views, 9 Replies

Coordinate System

How can i shift from Y up mode to Z up mode based coordinate system. Currently i do it like this
1) Change from Z up to Y up
2) Save and Go
3) Exit Alias
4) Re open Alias (Now the coordinate system will be a Z up)

Is this the method to be followed.
Or
Anything else has to be done to make it faster ( Without exiting Alias)

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JohnDixon8251
in reply to: sadatsan

No, you must exit Alias. you are doing it correctly.
Message 3 of 10
sadatsan

Thanks John,

When we are working with two different models(In different stages) with different coordinate systems its painful to exit and come back.

Instead is it possible to do any other way.
Message 4 of 10
JohnDixon8251

The other option is to launch Alias 2 times, then switch to "Y up", log off that Alias and launch again. You can keep both versions up and running at the same time and switch between the 2.
Message 5 of 10
sadatsan

Thanks John...:)
Message 6 of 10
digiformer

Check this...

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/click.jspa?searchID=11002149&messageID=6250410

its working great...i often have to switch between Z-up and Y-up. Its even possible to run both kind of projects parallel...

on my desktop i put 2 little batchfiles wich copy the changed AliasPrefs_Yup.scm or AliasPrefs_Zup.scm to
AliasPrefs.scm and then start Alias... so i can start Alias with the needed CoordSys per dubbleclick...

regards
Message 7 of 10
sadatsan

how is it done per double click please explain.
Message 8 of 10
digiformer

You have to prepare the scm-files as i wrote, write script wich performes the replacement and then put a link to this script on your desktop. With a dubble click you start the script wich does the replacement and then starts Alias.

Do you use Windows?
Message 9 of 10
sadatsan

Yes i use Windows..
Im not clear on how to make these scm files and where to give the link. What do i have to dubble click.. scm file??
Message 10 of 10
digiformer

..hmm a step by step tutorial takes a little time...which i dont have atm...ill be back on you soon...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report