Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant run on my MacBook Pro

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kinslema
246 Views, 1 Reply

Cant run on my MacBook Pro

Quick question:

I have a 3 year old MBP 17" (2.16 GHz Core Duo) with an ATI Radeon X1600 (256Mb) video card. Mac OS X (10.5.6)

I installed Alias Design 2010 without any problems and licensed it. But the "Alias" icon has a white "No Smoking" symbol covering it and when I try to click it it tells me: "You can't open the application "Alias" because it is not supported on this architecture".

Am I doing something wrong or does my MacBook simply not have the right hardware?

Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
c3systems
in reply to: kinslema

Alias for mac is a 64bit application. I think your OS X on your mac is running in legacy mode (32bit mode). I think that might be reason for the problem. Please run Chess application and open Activity Monitor. If it says Intel instead of Intel 64bit, then your OS X is running in 32 bit mode.. I am not sure whether your hardware allows you to run in 64bit mode .. I suppose one would need a Core 2 duo instead of core duo .. hope it helps ..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report