Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Sreen When Trying to Work in Alias Automotive

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ajb24rules
310 Views, 1 Reply

Black Sreen When Trying to Work in Alias Automotive

Hello,

I recently installed a trial version of Autodesk Alias Automotive 2011 using a browser download.  The working area quadrants will become black off and on while I try to work.  After the quadrants go black, I can get it to show me the model and grid etc. by clicking the 'pick nothing' tool.  When I try to pan the model, the quadrants go black again and the tool automatically switches to 'Pick Object'.  Then I click 'Pick Nothing' and I can see the model again.  Zoom and other tools will do the same thing.  Building in Alias is not possible because everytime a tool is selected, and everytime I click a quadrant to start building the screen goes black and I have to click the 'Pick Nothing' tool just to see the model again.  What can I do to fix this?

I wonderied if it might be graphics related and read a different forum post with similar situation that recommended looking into graphics, but I was wondering if my situation here might be different as it is Alias Automotive and not a different program.  In case it is performance related here are my computer stats below....

Laptop\Windows 7\Pentium Dual Core CPU X2 T4400 @ 2.20 GHz processor\4 GB RAM (3.84 available)\165 GB Free Space\Total Graphics memory 1759 MB, Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family, Internal Adapter String:Mobile Intel GMA 4500M\64 Bit Operating System\Dedicated Video Memory 128MB\Shared system memory 1631 MB\ System Video Memory 0MB

I don't intend to render textures or materials, but hope to just use the basic shader to show isoparms, so I did not think the dedicated memory not being 256MB would be an issue, but maybe it is?  

Thanks for your time and help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JohnDixon8251
in reply to: ajb24rules

Sounds like graphic card issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report