Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autostudio installation help needed!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
308 Views, 1 Reply

Autostudio installation help needed!!

i'm trying to install Autostudio 2009 to my PC, i'm running XP. upon the installation I regestered my seriel # and then autodesk sent me an email with the license file (.dat file), it then asked me to type or paste my license, i pasted the license info from the emai and then it asks me to create a c:\FLEXlm (strongly recommended)... based on what i was told i shouldn't need to be dealing with flexlm folders because i'm not on a network, so i didn't create the flexlm folder, so i chose not to create the flemlm folder and then asked me to browse to where the license is located, i saved it directly to my harddrive, which is my 'I' drive, and not in a folder, when i browse to this location it's telling me that the file is valid for installation and then it says that the installation was incomplete. the error log is telling me this...

{color:#0000ff}Errors:

Feature AutoStudio on line 1 of source file (text) was compared with feature AutoStudio on line 1 of destination file I:/aw_AUTOST2009enlicense.dat. Both features are equivalent.

Feature StudioViewer on line 3 of source file (text) was compared with feature StudioViewer on line 3 of destination file I:/aw_AUTOST2009enlicense.dat. Both features are equivalent.{color}

i've read through the help documenatation have no idea where to go from here....

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks-

Mark
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
anand_joshi
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Just create a folder in your c drive called - flexlm (FLEXLM) and put your license file as aw.dat and run alias. It should start alias if the license is correct i.e. corresponding to your ethernet ID.

Ensure that your ethernet card is working and not disabled due to any weird power saving apps.

Hope this helps.
Regards

Anand

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report