Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly automation for different car sizes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
16horse
447 Views, 1 Reply

Assembly automation for different car sizes

Hello everybody.

In the next few days i will begin to draw the automobile parts (windshield, doors, bumpers, etc.) in order to design a complete car model for a university assignment. The design will mostly serve the purpose of aesthetic design using Bezier curves and so on and the model won't be subjected to dynamic or aerodynamics analysis, but will be created in accordance to ergonomics and SAE regulations. After the design of the parts i would like to create a simple interface that gives the user the chance to choose between car sizes by running a script (?) and automatically assemble the body parts based on that.  For example if one chooses small city car the result will be a two-seater car (using 2 passenger models), the bodywork pillars will be close etc. If one chooses station wagon the pillar will be far from each other. 

Hoping that you understood what i need to be done i'd like to hear you suggestions-opinions on how to make this possible. How am i supposed to create the macros that do this? The last thing a want is to mess with programming (Autolips, VBA...). I found out some plug-ins that record actions so that automation is possible, but i haven't figured out if that suits me.So i am listening....

Thank you very much in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
anand_joshi
in reply to: 16horse

Are you planning to do this using alias and any other programming lang on top of it ?

Regards

Anand

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report