Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any other way to make STL file?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
seoj
442 Views, 2 Replies

any other way to make STL file?

You know the way that making STL file in Rapid Protodyping in FILE-EXPORT-RP is quite bad quality. 

i want to keep my surfaces but outcome is really ****. 

any other wat to produce STL file with nice quality?!

I mean wire to stl...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
donest
in reply to: seoj

The only way that I know to produce better quality is to in crease the "density" of the wire file before creating a mesh. I mean...increase the spans to produce something that looks like a mesh. Use a lower tolerence in your construction settings. Also the tolerence in the nurbs to mesh settings should be lowered. I use around .003 for both of these. Most users try for single or low span surfaces, but for rapidprototyping I have found that increasing the number of spans increases the quality. For flat surfaces, it makes no difference, but for curved surfaces increase the spans. Of course, all of these things will increase the size of your file, so experiment a little if size is important.

Message 3 of 3
TheHangman
in reply to: seoj

Hey Seoj, 

I am affraid but I have to disagree with you. I find Alias to be the greatest .STL resolution that I came across. 

I guess its all about understand the option that its tool gives you. also It generates quite light files.  

Check the files attached. 

cheers!!!

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report