Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animation in Alias Studio 2009

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
663 Views, 12 Replies

Animation in Alias Studio 2009

Hi guys,

I am trying to get an object in Alias to change from a red to a blue then to a green - how do I do this using animation?

Please help -

Thanks in advance.

Manish

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
digiformer
in reply to: Anonymous

quite a time passed since you asked this. Did you find the solution or do you still need some hint?

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: digiformer

Hi Digiformer,

Anything would be highly appreciated. I have struggled quite a a bit and cannot seem to find the method.

Many thanks in advanced -

Manish

Message 4 of 13
digiformer

You first have to activate the shader animation parameters in the parameter controls (see screenshot).

After you did this, everything will be easy.

set a color, set keyframe, set other color, set new keyframe...

See the attached wire, too.

Cut the jpg extension. I put it there due to the "whimsical" forum file format restrictions. Though Alias should still recognize it as wire file.

Kind Regards

Tobias

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Hi Tobais,

Many thanks for your prompt reply with help!

I can't seem to download the wire.jpeg file - can you email this to me?

Cheers -

Manish

Message 6 of 13
digiformer

sure i could email the file...though it bugs me...there must be a way to provide a wire file in an Alias Help Forum

Lets try a zip file...

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

Hey thanks for this. I will try what you have suggested and will let you know how I got on!

Many thanks - Manish

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

I managed to activate the shader animation parameters and setting a colour, setting a key frame...etc...

After opening your file, I noticed that you have 1 shader for 1 object and that it changes colour gradually within its paramteres - how have you done this?

Message 9 of 13
digiformer

sorry I did not quite understand, what exactly is your question now...

Did you get the color animated meanwhile?

If not, where did you get stuck?

The shader animation is not chained to an object or something. You can animate shaders with not having them actually assigned. You can also use them as layered shaders.

You can control the characteristics of the animation by defining the tangent in and tangent out options of the animation curves (these are generated automaticly and can be overseen in the animation window).

You can find this options down low in the keyframe option window.

Setting this from smooth to linear makes the animation more straight and understandable at the beginning.

If you want a ruff colorchange instead of an gradual process you have to set two keyframes in very short distance (i.e. kf 30=blue / kf 31=red)...

Regards

Tobias

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Hi sorry about the late reply. I managed to figure out how to achieve what I was after - I even used the action window.

Thanks for your help on this one! Do you have a email address? I will send you some of my renderings and see what you think!

Cheers -

Manish

Message 11 of 13
digiformer

hmmm...though i really would like to see the outcome of this, i hesitate to "publish" my mail address. Indeed i am a bit strange regarding those things. This is not ment to offend you!

uhm..isnt there a way to send private messages within the forum?

Kind Regards

Tobias

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

Hi Tobias,

I have just sent you a private message with containing my email address... have a look and see if this messaging system works??

Cheers -

Message 13 of 13
digiformer

hmm i did not recognize any message...

send it to kontakt00@digitalform.de...

cheers back

Tobias

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report