Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alias studio data into real production condition

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bharatkumargupta1
250 Views, 5 Replies

alias studio data into real production condition

hey people,i m bharat,and i m new to this faboulos application,and my choice of industry is toy manufacturing and design,for which alias studio fits best ,

however few doubts still remains,if:
1.3d data from alias studio can be used to create moulds,die etc.
and
2.i donno about advance engineering applications like inventor n all,and so can this software fits best for me???

sorry for bad english!

hope best guidance and replies,
bharat
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

and my background is also not engenering,i m a normal graphic ,3d designer!
Message 3 of 6

We have used Alias many times for producing tooling and for our RapidPrototype machine. I just send iges files from Alias to the factory.
Message 4 of 6
Sleek
in reply to: bharatkumargupta1

Bharat, I don't want to offend you but it's not the software that makes the product, or the mold/die. It's the knowledge of the professional using that software that makes it possible.

Nice marketing presentations of software can make believe that everyone can design a car including it's mechanical parts in less than ten minutes but this is advertising not reality.

In other words : yes this softwares are good, I think, but you first need to learn about engineering and plastic moulding and industrial design first. A master in engineering is typically 5 years. Plus a master in design is also typically 5 years.

Buying Microsoft "Word" isn't enough to write "Slumdog millionaire" ( I hope you don't mind the choice of book) you need talent or at least knowledge.

Well, if you're confident this is the kind of job you want to do don't listen to me and just go ahead ! If you are young go to school, if you're older try to find funds and hire people with knowledge. But once again : software doesn't teaches you.
Message 5 of 6

Nice reply Jean,
actualy wanna learn that.

P.S.-slumdog movie sucks,thats no india dude lol!!!!! Edited by: bharatkumargupta1 on Mar 21, 2009 11:32 AM
Message 6 of 6

mould maker obviously we want them to be done by professionals and ur right jean we ll have to hire them,the best people,

actualy ,though roughly speaking ,when i came across alias studio,i said to me,hey why not try this application,why not design in alias studio rather than max,wher ur 3d data can be "used" for manufacturing purposes,so that was just the thing!!

and yes 100 % correct about acquiring correct knowledge,industrial design skills and even graphic design,
dude ther r no schools in india wher we can study the subject of industrial design,but i hav complete my degree in Fine Arts and GD Diploma,thats it wid me,
and surely wanna enter toy industry,wher "details" does matter to the toy collector and thats all i need to focus,well ther r lot more things that i ll definetly lurn as i grow more n more wth small steps,

So ur valuable comment is highly appretiated people!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report