Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias job anyone ???

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2753 Views, 6 Replies

Alias job anyone ???

No sorry im not offering a job unfortunately, but im asking if anyone here works with Alias and what do you do because I have hunted for Alias jobs on the net but there are none or there are very few. Compared to AutoCad jobs which seem to come hand in hand with architecture jobs, Alias seems to be a bit of a mystery. Looking on ItJobsWatch the money is slightly higher for an Alias modeller but salary is falling and AutoCad salary is rising. Also the site can match 213 permanent it jobs for AutoCad but only 1 for Alias...anyone want to ad anything to this?

Cheers

Rich
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Where abouts are you in the world?
In the UK here, there is a company called Majenta Solutions, they work with many industry companies who use a variety of 3D software, Alias being one of them. Here is their website:

http://www.majentacademy.com/

Hope that helps. Message was edited by: riazw
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

in automotive the european user market is pretty hot. KIA is frankfurt did buy everything they can get. i mean everything useful.

check out technicon http://www.technicondesign.com

and FUTURE.

they both hire alias usful alias modelers and bring them into automotive studios worldwide.

elenor
Message 4 of 7
Coralee Sandee

Rich,

I'm a CAD Designer for our Industrial Design group. In summary, I mostly do high-end Alias CAD modeling (I also use ProEngineer). It also includes some concept generation (2-D and 3-D), concept refinement, participation in design reviews, and being a member of a cross-funtional team including engineering/manufacturing/marketing.

If you are interested in this kind of work, please contact me via email and we can talk more.
-Coralee
Message 5 of 7
mikedee

Looking or the "Alias" job where Autocad jobs are listed is not really a good idea since we talk about industrial design (nor engineering or IT, it is rather art discipline 😉 That explain the 1:213 ratio. By the way, don`t forget that this kind of job requires good examples at portfolio.
As suggested, look for the design agencies like Technicon, Futura, Drive, Trondesign, Aufeer Design, Virtuelle Studio ... - they all look for the people. In fact, demand for "Alias" skilled people is pretty high and I would doubt that salaries are falling.
I would also recommend to browse Coroflot for job offers.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

mikedee, Thanks a ton for the list of recruiters. Do you know if any of those listed supply people to companies in the Southwest U.S.?
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Coralee Sandee

Hi Coralee!

I was reading your comment about  " find a job as Alias Modeler". I am new graduated and the market seems be pretty hard for junior Alias modeler with great passion for this job but little experience. I wonder if you have more opportunity to offer.

Best regards

Gen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report