Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias does not start

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
borkas
908 Views, 2 Replies

Alias does not start

I have windowsXP sp2 and after installation Alias opens launcher but then gives me a message
"You do not have a user_data directory in: and do not have permission to create one in that directory. you may not run studio without a user_data directory check your definition of ALIAS_WORKENV." Has anybody ran into this before or knows anything about it?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
anand_joshi
in reply to: borkas

are you running using a limited rights user login ?

try doing the same thing using administrator login.

hope this helps.
Regards

Anand
Message 3 of 3
princeslawomir
in reply to: borkas

Hi, i have the same problem with Autodesk Alias Design. I'm trying to start it on my lenovo y570 (windows 7 64bit, core i7, 8gb ddr3, gt555m 2gb ddr5) and i have this comunicate: "You do not have a user_data directory in: (now free place(!)) and do not have permissions to create one in that directory. You may not run Alias without a user_data directory. Check your definition of ALIAS_WORKENV."

I can only click on exit, nothing more. Tell me what should i do. I have already reinstall it, even with clean registry (using Revo uninstaler pro), i try to install it without antivirus software, and with it. I try also to start with as an admin, and install it using only nvidia graphics card.

Plz tell me that i don't must to reinstall clean windows copy, without lenovo stuff.

(Sorry for my bad english, i am polish student)

Thanks in advance for help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report