Alias General Discussion

Alias General Discussion

borkas
Message 1 of 3 (552 Views)

Alias does not start

552 Views, 2 Replies
09-18-2009 07:02 AM
I have windowsXP sp2 and after installation Alias opens launcher but then gives me a message
"You do not have a user_data directory in: and do not have permission to create one in that directory. you may not run studio without a user_data directory check your definition of ALIAS_WORKENV." Has anybody ran into this before or knows anything about it?
Distinguished Contributor
anand_joshi
Message 2 of 3 (552 Views)

Re: Alias does not start

09-23-2009 09:14 AM in reply to: borkas
are you running using a limited rights user login ?

try doing the same thing using administrator login.

hope this helps.
Regards

Anand
princeslawomir
Message 3 of 3 (277 Views)

Re: Alias does not start

11-11-2012 02:11 PM in reply to: borkas

Hi, i have the same problem with Autodesk Alias Design. I'm trying to start it on my lenovo y570 (windows 7 64bit, core i7, 8gb ddr3, gt555m 2gb ddr5) and i have this comunicate: "You do not have a user_data directory in: (now free place(!)) and do not have permissions to create one in that directory. You may not run Alias without a user_data directory. Check your definition of ALIAS_WORKENV."

I can only click on exit, nothing more. Tell me what should i do. I have already reinstall it, even with clean registry (using Revo uninstaler pro), i try to install it without antivirus software, and with it. I try also to start with as an admin, and install it using only nvidia graphics card.

Plz tell me that i don't must to reinstall clean windows copy, without lenovo stuff.

(Sorry for my bad english, i am polish student)

Thanks in advance for help!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.