Alias General Discussion

Alias General Discussion

tritonrd1
Message 1 of 2 (594 Views)

Alias Design and Surfacing a corner

594 Views, 1 Replies
08-22-2012 04:56 AM

Hi, 

I wonder if one of you guys can help me.  I`m currently surfacing a tray of sorts in Alias design and it has four corners.  Each corner is percentage of a 3D sphere, similar to a ball corner in essence. I`m having trouble getting the surface to provide a smooth transition between the 3 connecting edges.  See the images attached.  Can anyone help and provide any advice in surfacing of these type of corners.  I`ve looked at the Alias ball corner tutorial but is doesn't help too much. 

Greatly appreciate it if anyone can help.

Cheers

Dave

:smiley happy:

Active Contributor
dwstucke
Message 2 of 2 (511 Views)

Re: Alias Design and Surfacing a corner

10-02-2012 05:28 AM in reply to: tritonrd1

If it's critical that the corner is truely a spherical you could try working backwards. Try making the corners first by taking slices out of sphere and then surfacing the rest of the major surfaces of the tray that are in-between.  While it's backwards I've used this approach on occasion with good results. 

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.