Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias Automotive to Inventor Workflow

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
adai8636
480 Views, 1 Reply

Alias Automotive to Inventor Workflow

Hello everyone, I'm an engineering student and I have worked with various CAD softwares including Pro/E, UGS NX, and Inventor. I find myself struggling to get Alias to work how I've understood it from the tutorial. I generated some technical geometry within Inventor and I am trying to model over it in Alias. Basically, the cone geometry at the end is critical as well as the long imported technical geometry. I just need to create a solid (or something that can be turned into a solid in Inventor) to work with so I can get a 5mm wall thickness on everything. The current surfaces generated are the insides of the wall thickness. The goal is to eventually sculpt the solid with boundary patches in Inventor as this is a critical value for the design. Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nicolas.caquelin
in reply to: adai8636

Ho, this is a BIG question! Smiley Surprised

I am not sure someone can help you by post?

I spend 17 years to learn and work between Solide and Surface modelers and I am still learning day by day to try to build  my 3D data the most correctly as I can for a best result and there is no really rules for that...

You need to try / test / lose / win / learn / ask / etc. before define the correct way.

Also you can listen the software resealler they will tell you how easy was their software! But in the real life the most easy is to try by yourself and learn day by day...

Regards, and good luck 😉

Nicolas Caquelin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report