Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias 2015 running slow on new Mac Book Pro Laptop

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
j-carlton
1293 Views, 2 Replies

Alias 2015 running slow on new Mac Book Pro Laptop

I just bought a top of the line, 2.6ghz, quad core, 15" Mac Book Pro Retina with their standard NVIDIA GPU.  I loaded a demo cut of Alias Automotive 2015 onto the Mavericks OS, and the performance with large datasets (over 100mb) was GREATLY disappointing.   Because of this, I have returned the laptop. Surprisingly, my early 2011 Mac Book Pro running Alias 2013 runs significantly faster (has the standard ATI GPU).

I was very surprised at this, and had the techs check for a hardware issue -- none found.  Has anyone experienced slow performance on new Macs running Mavericks OS?

Also, would love to know how Alias runs on the new Mac Pro desktop.  Does the software take advantage of all the raw processing power it has?  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ankishu2000
in reply to: j-carlton

One thing that may be of assistance would be to disable anti-aliasing for wireframes when you have lots of surfs. I'm using a simmilar spec'ed machine to yours (CPU difference) and turning this off works. I'm given to believe that earlier versions of Alias had this off by default but now have been switched on by default.

Message 3 of 3
duaxiong
in reply to: ankishu2000

Yes, more recent versions of Alias have wireframe anti-aliasing ON by default.  Best to use the same exact software for comparing different hardware.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report