Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Alias 2015 - crashes / freezes on start / startup splashscreen

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
1811 Views, 6 Replies

Alias 2015 - crashes / freezes on start / startup splashscreen

Hello everybody!

I am currently encountering a problem with a new Alias AutoStudio 2015 Student Version installation.
I cannot start the program as it is always crashing in splash screen during "constructing menus and shelves".

I am running a mobile system with Windows 8.1 64bit and an AMD Radeon HD 8970M (Catalyst 14.4).
Alias 2014 Automotive worked flawless but now I de-installed the software without any postive effect on my problem with Alias 2015.

Strangely I was able to start and work with Alias 2015 twice, directly after reeinstalling it. But after closing the app the problem accured again. So repairing, reinstalling or deinstalling/ installing had no lasting effects. I also tried to solve the issue by working on the settings for switchable graphics and deleting old 2014 preferences but nothing helped.

Somebody has a clue what is going on?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: 101192993833

hello there . me too, a similar problem..

alias studio 2015 crashes on startup splash screen exactly while : constructing menus and sheves

i hope there will be a fix soon

thnx all šŸ™‚

Message 3 of 7
in reply to: Anonymous

You also had a previous version of Alias installed on your system?
My first guess was that there might be a problem with some preference-files.
I also mentioned that I was able to start the program directly after installing it. After using it once I couldĀ“t start it again until I re-installed it. Then I was able to use it again for one session (without any problems btw)
For me thatĀ“s a hint towards some filesystem problems rather then graphic-driver-related stuff ... but I am just taking a guess ...

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi all,

I have exactly the same problem with AliasDesign2015 Student Version.  I have been running it for about two weeks with a few crashes but today it wonā€™t open at all and crashes when "constructing menus and shelves". 

Here are my tech specs: 

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

Processor: 3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB

I have had no previous versions of Alias on this computer.

Anyone know if there is a fix for this?

/L

Message 5 of 7
ankishu2000

Hi all, I'm having this same issue on Autotudio 2016 version.

It crashes exactly the same place as everyone else in the thread, constructing menus and shelves

2015 loads up fine.

Specs:

i7 4790K 4.0 Ghz - 4.4 Ghz

Nvidia GTX 980M

16 GB DDR3

Message 6 of 7
ankishu2000
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you have a previous version of Alias installed on the computer?
Message 7 of 7
TheHangman

Please check it out and see if it solves anything.  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/alias-general-discussion/speedform-not-running/td-p/5580221

Since I don't use and I don't know MAC, I am affraid I can't provide any tip for you guys. But try to guess where you related Appdata\Autodesk\Roaming is and Delete Alias from there. Should resolve I suppose. 

PS: ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR FILES PRIOR DELETE.

HTH, GOOD LUCK.

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report