Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias 2010 menu box error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
714 Views, 5 Replies

Alias 2010 menu box error

im running alias 2010 64 bit on windows 7, and i keep getting an error when i open a menu box. the box is just black, no writing or options are visible which obviously makes it impossible to use. have attached a screenshot showing an example, please help as i have absolutely no idea whats wrong
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JessicaD42
in reply to: Anonymous

E345,

Have you verified that Alias 2010 is compatible with Windows 7? Are you using the latest drivers for your graphics controller? Have you also attempted to run the application through compatibility mode? To verify compatibility for hardware and software products please refer to the icrosoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center located at the following link: http://bit.ly/1gW6Ns

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I've come across the same problem. Despite having up to date software, including Nvidia drivers and Windows updates, I was getting the black dialog box problem on my Windows 7 Pro 64bit setup on both 32 and 64bit versions of AliasStudio 2010. It was all the more confusing since I was running on a workstation certified graphics card on the Dell Precision M6400 Covet laptop which should run Alias smoothly...

After what felt like trying everything, I tried disabling my Stardock Objectdock program and it solved the strange display error I was getting. My advice is that if you have a dock program like Objectdock or Rocketdock to disable it and see if that works.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I have a similar problem with Alias Design 2011 running on Windows 7 Ultimate. The menu/dialog boxes don't appear at all!

Message 5 of 6
digiformer

Wasnt that something with the overlay and/ or anti-alias settings of the grafics card?

regards

Message 6 of 6
anand_joshi
in reply to: digiformer

Hi,

Which graphics cards you guys are working on ?

Regards

Anand

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report