Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Alias from an external application

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sampathskp
397 Views, 5 Replies

Access Alias from an external application

Hi,

1) Can we get Alias handle from an external application (.exe)?
2) Can Alias be accessed through .NET application?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TheHangman
in reply to: sampathskp

Hi Sampathskp

I am not sure if I understood what did you mean clearly... 

So, it depends, for instance you install Alias in "A" server with "network license" you still need to have the software installed in another machine anyway.

like my previously job was everything stored on server. (No ideia how this things works to be honest) 

But again, if you intend to use it remotly access Alias, I don't think you can. 

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
sampathskp
in reply to: TheHangman

Hi aqhead,

Thanks for your response, Alias and .NET application are on the same machine. My intention is to get the instance of running Alias and load a file(.wire) from .NET code.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 6
TheHangman
in reply to: sampathskp

Hi sampathskp

I don't think its directly possible. But, even if you could achieve this. all the work to refine the surface afterwards for class-A either C, it would not be worth the work, don't you think? Concidering opening a file from ICEM Class-A, the impolarity sometime gives a lot of trouble.

So here is the common options for:

Import Options - http://goo.gl/nx9UBE

Export Options - http://goo.gl/ycGEAj

Also check this out. 

Code Overview - http://goo.gl/Kx3i0j

Cheers!

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Lizcad1
in reply to: TheHangman

Hi aqhead 

Just came across yourthread  you seem knolagble about Alias and get back to people, are you on facebook or msg need to ask some tec questions about render settings.. 

hope you can help out a  newbie 

Thx Liz : - ) 

Message 6 of 6
TheHangman
in reply to: Lizcad1

I am afrad, I am not on Facebook.

But feel free post any query on Autodesk Community and we all will try to help

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report