Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3Dconnexion support for Alias Design 2010 [ Mac OS X ]

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
992 Views, 5 Replies

3Dconnexion support for Alias Design 2010 [ Mac OS X ]

we are waiting for this. i must use my equipment with this program , please add support for 3d connexion mouse on mac os x platform

i already posted an e-mail to 3d connexion but they told me to return to you about this desire

sincerely
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

e-mail from 3dconnexion

Dear .....,

If an application is not mentioned on our list of supported applications http://www.3dconnexion.com/solutions/cad/all_sup_app.php
Then you should contact the developer of this application and ask them if they want to add support for our controllers, the developer can download an SDK (Software Developer Kit) from our website which they can use to add support for our controllers in their application. http://www.3dconnexion.com/support/4h.php

As you can see on our list of supported application, a lot of developer's already added support for our devices, the more users from a certain application ask for support the earlier a developer will take the effort to build in support.

Kind Regards,
John van Neerven
3Dconnexion Technical Support

than autodesk let us use our products with alias design so we are waiting for update for autodesk alias design

sincerely
Message 3 of 6
mischaub

I am waiting as well - dear autodesk - do you listen?

Kind regards

Mischa
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

dear autodesk

please care your customers who are on different platforms ,

sincerely
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I'd like to bring this back to the top.

My space pilot pro works well when using Alias design in Windows and yet has zero functionality on the Mac version - not even basic navigation Smiley Mad

Autodesk obviously has a working relationship with 3dconnexion, whom insist it is up to the software developer to initiate proceedings, so why no support for a flagship product such as Alias - makes no sense.

Message 6 of 6
benherron1

Another bump to the top, have just downloaded the new mac osx 2011 Alias Automotive (upgrade from windows 2009) and have lots functionality of my navigator, spoke to 3dConnexions who have said 

"You would need to check with your Autodesk Support to see what they might share about their future plans for making use of our input devices in their MacIntosch Software."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report