Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 bugs and more . . .

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mcolinp
468 Views, 3 Replies

2014 bugs and more . . .

I have to say first off that 2014 is a great release; I am very impressed with the G3 Align tool as well as the NURBS to Bezier tool. These two tools alone have made the "design" version of Alias a stronger tool for truly optimized data workflows.

Now that i have the compliments out of the way; I feel that I should mention a couple annoying bugs that seem new to Alias for 2014:

1) Wireframe mode often times does not display surface edges. It shows CV structure if it is on; but not the edges. Though if I fuss with it; I can eventually get surface edges to show up. 

2) Trouble with Re-naming Layers within the Object Lister Pallette. When I try to rename some layers (within the object lister pallette), it will often refuse to take a new name; and the layer remains highlighted in white, until I save the file and restart Alias. (This may also exist in 2013) It seems if I toggle the "Layer Bar" and rename layers there; that it doesn't seem to be an issue.)

3) Forum login problems. (Slightly off topic, but still worth mentioning.) It seems that Autodesk has changed the requirements for password recently; so my old one stopped working. I reset my password using an Android Tablet; and now I am unable to Login on my desktop machine. I presume that this may be because of the "virtual" keyboard vs. a real keyboard; and the new requir,meant to have at least three "$pecial Ch@r@cter$ . . . 

One other side note; (feature request); since Alias design now has the G3 Align Tool; could we also get the G3 option in the Freeform blend tool as well: pretty please!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
saulable
in reply to: mcolinp

I agree with you on the wireframing issue. It's all gone out of focus now, and is very tempremantal!

Message 3 of 4
ravenzep
in reply to: saulable

To my experience I never needed the Nurbs to Bezier tool.

In the past I always detached the surfaces at the spans, and achieved the same result.

I have a NVIDIA Titan graphics card, and I dont have any issues with wireframe or shading.

Message 4 of 4
donest
in reply to: mcolinp

I have noted the name change of layers sometimes not working. Also, I have an imported stl file incorporated into my model. I assigned this to a layer, but once assigned to that layer, I can not toggle invisibility. That toggling works fine in 2013.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report