Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trim or sufrace fillet

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
apregl
757 Views, 6 Replies

trim or sufrace fillet

Hi all there, 

i'm Andrea, new here and quite new to Alias Design too, 

i'm here to find some help on some basic questions, and sorry if what i'm trying to do (and not able to do) is too basic and the questions to silly. 

I was working with some surfaces and connecting them using surface fillet to do a round fillet on every edges of the surfaces to create a "roundish" object (cylindrical shape) , but when it was time to do the same on the top the problems as started, i'm trying to do the same round connection between the "cylinder"and the top that has to different tilts, but there is now way i can obtain a nice results, i tried lot of thing with no result at all, in the attachment you can see where i'm starting from and the best result i was able to obtain so far. Can someone help me sorting this out please. thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
andrewmole
in reply to: apregl

Could you please share and attach the wire file ?

Message 3 of 7
apregl
in reply to: andrewmole

Hey andrewmole thanks!

i have attached the wire file, inside there are the shape made from planar shapes where i started from, and what i tried to obtain, and wasn't able to..

thanks a lot for your help

have a beautiful day

Message 4 of 7
andrewmole

Hi apregl,

Kindly refer to the video. Sometimes, it's the surface normal causing the issue or it is the fillet size, or maybe other fillet settings will cause the problem too.

Let me know if the video helps.

http://sendvid.com/ntsffqmv

Message 5 of 7
apregl
in reply to: andrewmole

Hi andrewmole, 

thanks a lot, yes the video totally helps me, also for other things, 

really thanks a lot for your time and help 🙂

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Also it may not make a difference in this model. But as a almost always fitting rule. Always build the big fillets first and Let the small fillets run on the big ones.
Which in your modell would mean. Build the small fillet between the two cap surfaces last
Message 7 of 7
apregl

Thanks mongodrome, since I'm a complete neophyte on alias and 3D modeling in general, every single tips is really helpful so thanks a lot for your time and helps.
Have a beautiful day 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report