Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interior draft surfaces

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sheriff12
445 Views, 5 Replies

Interior draft surfaces

I'm doing the Advanced tutorial "Model a Vacuum cleaner"on Alias Design 2015 student version. I'm at the "Create transition surfaces for the handle". I'm having a difficult time understanding the part where it says to drag a pick box around the handle interior draft surfaces as the first surfaces in the Left view because there is no illustration showing what that means. When I drag a pick box around the handle, the side and the curves are picked. I just can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I've included a screenshot that depicts what happens when I drag the pick box. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
duaxiong
in reply to: sheriff12

You don't appear to have the Draft surfaces constructed yet;  might need to go back to previous step and try again.

Message 3 of 6
sheriff12
in reply to: duaxiong

I thought I had followed the tutorial to the letter. How can I know what the draft surfaces are supposed to look like if there is no illustration in the tutorial?

Message 4 of 6
duaxiong
in reply to: sheriff12

I don't know why there is no illustration, but the Draft surfaces will have the same shape as your input curves.

Message 5 of 6
sheriff12

I thought I had followed the tutorial to the letter. How can I know what the draft surfaces are supposed to look like if there is no illustration in the tutorial?

Message 6 of 6
sheriff12

Thanks for your input. I don't know how old this particular tutorial is but, I've looked through the forums, and there are many questions about it. I am going to suggest to Autodesk that they have someone look at the tutorial and update the instructions. I doubt if anyone that is a student has ever completed it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report