Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center Pivot?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
QuasiLoci
371 Views, 4 Replies

Center Pivot?

Is there an easy way to center the pivot about geometry [In Sculpt mode]?  

For instance, I have a manifold form that ends with an open circular face [composed of several edges].  I'd like to re-scale this circular portion about its axis, but I can only get the pivot to snap to an edge or vertex or sketch.

I see that you can use "Start Set Pivot" for each tool, but I don't see how to use this to center about the selected geometry (only to move the pivot to a desired point using existing geometry).

I am hoping that there is a built in tool that I am missing.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Michael-GG
in reply to: QuasiLoci

No, unfortunately there is no "pivot concept" visible to the user inside Speedform. The manipulator is by default set to the center of the selected geometry. If that isn't good enough, you have to use the "Start/Stop Set Pivot" tool to correct it manually. Sorry. 😞

Best regards,

GG

Michael G.-G.
Manager Quality Assurance Automotive
Message 3 of 5
QuasiLoci
in reply to: Michael-GG

Sorry for the delay...

Here is a simple example of what I am having difficulty with...

I want to add one set of faces radially, only at the highlighted edges.  Both the default world and local space pivots will not center on the circle's axis.  See the attached images.

So I have to either

1.  Make a sketch with the pivot centered on the geometry.  This is time consuming and may not be accurate

2.  Add faces radially around 360 degrees and delete those that I do not want.  This can get messy when there is more geometry involved.

This example is in 2d...but the same applies in 3d.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Michael-GG
in reply to: QuasiLoci

Yes, understood, the snap options for the Manipulator need to be improved. We will take it into account, thanks!

Best regards,

GG

Michael G.-G.
Manager Quality Assurance Automotive
Message 5 of 5
QuasiLoci
in reply to: Michael-GG

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report