Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply appearence problem - inadequate video card the culprit?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
400 Views, 5 Replies

Apply appearence problem - inadequate video card the culprit?

I have found it impossible to apply an appearance to a surface; I drag and drop it, but the surface does not change color and sometimes it crashes. I know I have a video card that is not a recommended one - it's an Intel G41 Express chipset; but this has not given me a problem. Have I reached the limits of this video card?   Thanks,   Pico

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I continue to work on this, things are fine until I attempt to apply a material, which does not apply. This morning the program crashed when trying to apply a material and a popup said: "Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows XP stopped responding and has recovered." Which makes me think it's a video card problem. Any input from those with more experience than myself?    Thanks, Pico

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I have replaced my video card with a Nvidia Quadro  K620, which, I think, is a help - when I open Fusion 360, I don't get a popup saying my video card is below standard and some operations may not work. But I am still bothered by a problem I am unable to solve. What I want is to apply to the mesh a tinted glass so I can see through it. Like this: Speedform video 1.JPG

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I can apply that tinted surface to the mesh:Speedform Ferrari 1.jpg

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

But unlike this Autodesk video: Speedform video 2.JPG

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

When I edit the mesh, the tinted surface disappears. This makes visualizing the mesh much more difficult. I would like to be able to see the tinted mesh while working on it, as in the previous post. How do I get that? Thanks,   PicoSpeedform Ferrari 2.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report