Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias randomly crashing nvoglv64.dll

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
amin.bajrektarevic.ab
1372 Views, 9 Replies

Alias randomly crashing nvoglv64.dll

Hello everyone,

I'm getting this frusrating issue that at some point in my model Alias just crashes down without any obvious reason, and I can't recover my models without it crashing again.

I'm running Alias Autostudio 2018, the same happens on the 2016 version, and the files that are recovored later crash on any PC I try. Also running Windows 10 x64.

I already tried 2 times to completely format my PC, reinstall Windows, reinstall Alias, and the same thing happenes. Also tried almost every available Graphics driver.

Config:

i7 7700k

32gb RAM

GTX970 4gb

Error details:

Exception code: C0000005: ACCESS_VIOALTION

- illegal read

Fault address: 52E60B50 in C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\nvoglv64.DLL

00000001:00CCFB50 Logical offset (see .map file for location)

Has anyone any idea what`s going on?

Regards,

Amin.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

@amin.bajrektarevic.ab - Try changing your drivers for GTX 970.

You may have to try using the most recent driver. If that does not solve then I am afraid, try using a different graphics card.

From my earlier experience, Quadro line of cards are found with less issues, also their drivers are tuned for professional applications like Alias and not targeted for games.

Message 3 of 10

I tried 5 different driver versions and it doesn't work... I hope there is a solution without changing the graphics card. I would change the card if there was a guarantee that it's going to work.

Message 4 of 10

Hello,

Have you seen this thread: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1005225/opengl/-solved-crash-in-nvoglv64-dll-driver-version... ? It seems to suggest 382.33 addresses the issue.

Regards,

Joe 

Message 5 of 10

I saw that thread before and there was no positive results.

And I tried with a GTX 1080 now and the same happens. But the thing is we just got a new PC, installed everything and the new PC experiences the same issue! Could our version of Windows 10 be corupted and cause this kind of issues? Because it's installed from the same media? It's the latest version that was avaliable on the Microsoft website to download (german language).

Message 6 of 10

Downloaded Windows again, now the english version, formated everything, fresh install of everything, latest drivers and still the same issue. I have no idea what to try anymore...

Message 7 of 10

I assume you've tried removing your preferences and running with defaults.

Message 8 of 10

Yes I did. I mean with the whole system format and fresh installation it removes any traces of any prefs.

Message 9 of 10

It kind of sounds like your data (model data) is corrupted.  Is there much history in this model?

Message 10 of 10

The wierd thing is I can load these models which are crashing on my Surface Pro tablet on Intel graphics, and it works perfectly without crashing. Ofcourse laggy because there is no power, but it's working. So there is definetly something with Nvidia and Alias that's not working for us... I also kept my history light thinking that's what's crashing it, but with no success. Also tried to export my surface data to an .EDF format, so that all of the history gets cleaned up if there is something hidden, get rid off all shaders if there is a faulty shader. But few minutes after I imported the model, after a few navigation tumbles it crashed again. 

Now I have updated my motherboard BIOS, all motherboard drivers and utilities (because I had no ideas left anymore) and it's working for an hour and a half without a crash. But if that solved the issue, the question is why is it crashing on a different PC with a different motherboard. So for that reason I'm not too optimistic about this. I will report tomorrow after some longer and heavier usage.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report