Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias 2017: Catia Import missing output curves

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
377 Views, 1 Reply

Alias 2017: Catia Import missing output curves

Hallo,

Some month ago I reported a Problem in the Beta Forum regarding to Output-feature curves of Catia, it was logged as BUG #: 401852

With the last Service Pack this Bug was fixed. The release note mentions it with “Catia output-feature curves are not converted in Alias 2017. (ATF-2197)”

The old example file is now converted correctly. Good Job so far, Thank you!

But strangely I now discovered the Catia-Data we used to work with, is still not converted completely.

So I experimented a bit more in Catia, and finally I could create some new example files.

I discovered, if a Catia-Scetch contains only output-curves or only standard curves, everything is converted perfectly. (File: output_only.CATPart). As in the old example.

But if a scetch contains standard and output-curves, or also construction-points, the output-curves are not converted. (Files: output_and_standard.CATPart ; output_and_points.CATPart)

In Catia it shows up in the same way, but probably it’s handled slightly different.

The example-files also contain a simple 3D-Object (invisible). I used it to create curves in different ways.

I couldn’t discover any additional effect based on that. But maybe it has, so I keeped it in the file.

It would be great if you could continiue work on this topic. Thanks

Kind regards, David

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
michael.wu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi David,

Thanks for the reporting. Ticket ATF-3919 has been logged for this defects. We will investigate it and resolve it as soon as possible.

Michael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report