Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 and Alias

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
BURNSBAXTER2414
584 Views, 4 Replies

A360 and Alias

Can A360 be used with Alias?  I use A360 with Inventor and Fusion 360, but when I try to assign anything in A360 as a current project or even access anything there it is not possible.  The A360 icon is greyed out in my File Explorer.  Is this normal?  I can open files from A360 to Alias, but can't open or save from Alias to A360.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello,

I can confirm, that Alias seems not to recognize the folder in a correct way. On my side the A360 is not greyed out, but when trying to access the content via the Alias open browse dialog, nothing is recognized.

But when browsing to the real location under "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Sync\Cloud\>Autodesk_User-ID", Alias can work with this folder.

Is this working for you as well?

Best Regards,

Florian Coenen

Message 3 of 5

Hi, Florian,

The situation you described is exactly what I am experiencing.  I was mistaken when I said the 360 icon was greyed out.  It is not, but it is not working properly.  The remainder of your description is the same here.  I can  work on files in Alias if I download or open them from A360, but am not able to access anything in A360 from within Alias.  I have been attempting to set a folder as current or access a project I have uploaded to A360, but this is not possible as things are right now.  Just as you have found. 

Message 4 of 5

Hello @BURNSBAXTER2414

FYI: I have forwarded the issue to the development in order to get that fixed.

Till this is been fixed, you have to workaround by saving to the local drive and than copy paste the files manually into the A360 folders.

Best Regards

Florian Coenen

Message 5 of 5

This is great news!  The method you have suggested is exactly what I have been doing regarding the handling of my Alias files. It is not that difficult to use this workaround, but it will be very nice to have it working as it should.  I am a very new Alias user and will depend on the A360 more and more as I get into the program.  Thank you for taking care of this, Florian.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report