Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weld Length - how to show in symbol

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bjur
763 Views, 3 Replies

Weld Length - how to show in symbol

After connecting parts together with the weld line object, how do you get them to display not just the weld size but also the length.  I have only been able to show the weld size thus far.  Is there another weld symbol I need to use?  If I need to weld a 1/4" fillet for 4", how do I get the symbol to show this.  It seams like this should be really basic, but I can't seam to get advance steel to show the weld symbol with the length.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bjur
in reply to: bjur

Anyone able to answer this? I am able to see the length parameter in the weld line object but I don't know how to get this length to show on the symbol. Many connections dealing with braces require listing the weld length. There must be a way to do this in advance steel.
Message 3 of 4
DumitruBerteanu

Unfortunately the weld length parameter from the weld object can't be displayed on drawings through the Advance Steel weld symbol. The symbol doesn't have any avaliable tokens that can be configured to display the length. We're considering this for a future improvment in the Advance Steel weld symbols.

Dumitru Berteanu
Product Owner
Message 4 of 4
bjur

I can't emphisize how important this is. Many of our detailing projects require us to show the weld length. For example an angle welded to a gusset will have a different weld length on one side than the other. The value is saved in the file. Even point welds have this value that is saved with the file. It doesn't seem it would be too difficult to provide a token for this and allow the user to create their own weld symbol with this token shown.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report