Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truss connections

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kam.ha93
1349 Views, 2 Replies

Truss connections

I'm not much of an expert here... where can i find a connection for truss members (gusset plate)? non of the conections in the "general bracings" tab seem to work properly... (main issue is with the apex (top chords with web members) and the top & bottom chords at the beginning & end of the truss).

any help would be much appreciated...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
muleman1
in reply to: kam.ha93

we are not experts either, we struggle with you. In the past we have adjusted the location of the chords with the macro/dialouge boxes, then added and welded gussett plates manually. Make one truss as you like then copy as many as u need.

P.S., you may consult your engineer of record and slightly increase the weight and/or size of your members and eliminate gussetts, may be just as economical if you weigh the cost of gussett fabrication and fabrication....

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 3 of 3
kam.ha93
in reply to: muleman1

actually im still just an engineering student, i'm using advance steel for assignments & projects. but nice tip (Y) i'll be sure to keep that in mind regarding how economic my project would be

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report