Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol for indicating connection side of a shear plate

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bjur
1662 Views, 7 Replies

Symbol for indicating connection side of a shear plate

How can I get AS to display a symbol for which side of a shear plate connection the beam connects to in either the general arrangement drawings or the individual assembly drawings? Usually a symbol is placed on both types of drawings to indicate which side of the shear plate the beam is attached to.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Emanuel.Nestor
in reply to: bjur

Hello bjur,

I understand that when you have a shear plate on a main beam, you want to have a symbol in detail drawings which shows on which side of the shear plate should be placed the secondary beam.

It is not possibile to do that automatically with current options.

Sorry for that.

I will keep this for feature requests list.

Regards,
Emy

Emy Nestor
Message 3 of 8
haedicu
in reply to: Emanuel.Nestor

Hi,

Advance Steel creates a punch mark in the upper area of the shear plate. You can see it in model as a green line. This is also in the nc-file of the plate and depending on the single part detail style you are using, this point is also shown. See pictures below and let me know, if this is not, what you expect.

010.JPG

011.JPG

best regards

Udo

Message 4 of 8
bjur

Here's an example of what we usually see to illustrate the connection side.

Message 5 of 8
haedicu

OK, I see, you meant the assembly drawing, not the single part detail. Here is what i get detailed, when I use an US drawing style for beams:

012.JPG

The label is placed to the punch mark I've mentioned in my previous mail. It can be customized to another label/text if required. I hope, this works for you.

best regards

Udo

Message 6 of 8
bjur
in reply to: haedicu

That would work great. How do I set this up in drawing styles for both the individual assembly drawings and the general arrangement drawings? I can't get the "Beam Side" to get labeled.
Message 7 of 8
haedicu

Hi,

I'm sorry, but explaining this with text is not so easy. That's why I've created a short video showing the procedure for an example. Sorry for my English - I'm not a native speaker. - http://youtu.be/fE61K43pk9E 

The video shows the modification in drawing style manager.

When you've done this one time, it is saved in your Advance Steel installation and you can use it for each model again and again. If you want to share the modification with others, you have to share the AstorAddIn.mdb from C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance Steel 2015\User2\Data. You can also copy this file directly to the folder of the next Advance Steel version and use it there too.

best regards

Udo

Message 8 of 8
bjur
in reply to: haedicu

Worked beautifully! The video was perfect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report