Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Properties in Advance Steel 2015.1

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Tony_Gibbs
485 Views, 4 Replies

Quick Properties in Advance Steel 2015.1

Whwn I click on a plate in AS I get the Quick Prperties dialogue appearing in the top right corner of the screen. All good so far. I then Click on the CUI icon in this dialogue and it opens the CUI interface window. In here i check a lot of the boxes that I would like to show. Apply and save. Back in the model I click on the plate again and get the properties shown in attachment "Quick Properties" Still all good. However for some unknown reason the week later only 2 of the properties I checked appear. Any ideas out there.

Regards

Tony

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
múinteoir
in reply to: Tony_Gibbs

Has the profile changed or gotten reset? I cant think of an obvious reason for the quick properties to reset custimisations.

Jonathan Hand
Technology Manager - Symetri Tech

autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black

twitterNaviate

Message 3 of 5
Tony_Gibbs
in reply to: múinteoir

Hi Jonathan

I don't beleive the profile has changed but anything can happen when your trying to fine tune settings.

Is there a way I can reset the QP and start again?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Tony_Gibbs

hi,

the problem sometimes happens if you have not enough rights on our pc.

you can solve this by starting the AS by a right click on the desktop icon and choose " start as administrator".

then make the changes you want and close the program and start again the normal way.

it shoud be ok then. Don't know why this happens but this a way to solve it.

good luck.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

hi,

another tip: you can also get info from every part with the good old command " list" or as short command " li" and then select the part you want the info from or pre sselecht and then the li command.

good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report