Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import template connection

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rvetrano
291 Views, 2 Replies

import template connection

Hi,

Trying to learn ASD. Have used Autocad, Steel cadd, TSD and some xSteel.

Created a connection(see attachment) now I am want to access it in another project. Can not seem to get it into a default library. Can not find Import Template Connection.

Appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thank you,

Bob v

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gvm
Collaborator
in reply to: rvetrano

hi,

the user connection you have made has to be in the user connection search path, i am not behind my pc for a couple off days now so i cant see the path where it has to be stored but you can find it.

When you want to insert a user connection you see the template with an example, search in the AS install map for that drawing and add that path to your favorites. Save the drawing with y the user connection you have made in the path you've searched for.

Give the drawing a logical name in he user con search path, it makes it easyer for you to find what connections you have made, in that drawing you can store more then one connection, you add as much as you want. I suggest that you store the same of  connections in one drawing.

good luck and merry christmas.

Think outside the box.
And a computer doesn't make a mistake, its always the guy behind.

Best Regards.
Message 3 of 3
rvetrano
in reply to: gvm

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report