Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I customize my own sheets used for drawing creation?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
heiko.graf
1077 Views, 9 Replies

How can I customize my own sheets used for drawing creation?

When create a drawing the sheet contains the Autodesk logo in the page header. Can I change this with my own company logo ?

When detailing, Advance Steel uses a prototype stored as a dwg file on the disk, in the following folder : C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance Steel 2015\Shared\Support\Prototypes.

You can open those drawing files with Advance Steel and edit the header with the AutoCAD block edit commands.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
muleman1
in reply to: heiko.graf

Here's a really informative video on customizing prototypes:

Customize Prototypes via Youtube

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 3 of 10
wtheron

Hello Heiko,

Do you have any videos available of DS Customization ? If not are your team able to create some for us ?

Message 4 of 10
heiko.graf
in reply to: wtheron

Hi Werner,

sorry, not that I'm aware of. Maybe others in the forum have an idea?

Message 5 of 10
muleman1

Hi wtheron, was the link not usable we posted. Its a great video from Graitec on customizing prototypes. try this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7BSu8ogBQg&list=PL8TTZL-bHSmVK_9rhHsoGgbqB8UqJtEK9&index=6
....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 6 of 10
wtheron

Hello Muleman,

Drawing Style Customization is very different from setting up customer specific prototypes.

We have our own methods, however would like to learn from others also.
Message 7 of 10
muleman1

wtheron, i apologize for not thoroughly reading your post. The thread was started as modifying prototypes and just 'assumed' that was your topic. I am sorry. Yes, we desperately need others to learn from, that is why we enjoy this forum, we have learned greatly and try to pass along what knowledge we gain to others. We are familiar with drawing style customization, we used it just recently to allow bolt holes in our isometric plots. It is a very powerful tool, though somewhat intimidating with all the choices, lol.
Message 8 of 10
wtheron
in reply to: muleman1

Object representation is relatively simple to update. Dimension requests and labelling strategies are a little more complex and is where we are lacking in knowledge.

@ Heiko, apologies for thread derailment.

Message 9 of 10
muleman1

We haven't figured that out either. It seems that they create these cool innovative softwares, but fail to configure / interpret the commands and menus into the language of the front line detailers who use it. it seems they hide things in the deepest bowels possible. even the help menus are not very friendly, they tell you the command exist, but seldom how to implement them. YouTube is the answer!
Message 10 of 10
alickomay

any one got  any guides on editing prototypes in advance cad  its a bit difrent then the vide 

is dose not reconize teh command ATTSYNC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report